02 December, 2009

...picking out a new color for the bathroom.

So, I figured that the bathroom, like my bedroom, would get an instantaneous "makeover" since it was one of the rooms I was not making any major changes to (at least not yet). It's compeltely liveable, laid out well, nothing's terribly annoying about it...except the painted wallpaper. And it wasn't like the previous owners were lazy and just painted over exisitng wallpaper, no they bought the type of wallpaper that you paint:


Close-up of textured wallpaper I have to look at everyday.

So I've decided it must come down, regardless of how good a job they did putting it up. And it will be painted. But that's where I"m a bit stuck. I know the general color family I want to paint it:


Towels that inspired the color palette.


Paints that I have chosen. Yup...brown.

So, I don't know which shade to go with. The ones on the left & middle (I hate my shitty camera!!) are cooler shades of browns, the one on the right are warmer. I don't like the top three or four of the warmer tones, but maybe one of the the bottom two? I'm worried it will be too dark, this is the room in question:



The floors are light, the doors are white, the sink cabinet is white, the shower curtain is white, the cover for the World's Most Inappropriately Sized Radiator is white, too...so maybe a darker brown will be ok? The window should let in a lot more light once I take the damn aluminum awning off.
Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment