24 November, 2009

...the first month.

It's been a month since I moved into the house. Actually, it's been a little over a month, but things have been so hella crazy that I haven't had time to finish this post.  The first month has been interesting, to say the least.

There was the washing machine incident, which is mostly fixed at this point. At least I can at wash my laundry, if I can't quite dry it mechanically.  Then there is my ghetto internet solution. I will figure this out...maybe there will be a killer deal on a new router this Black Friday and I can join the land of WiFi once again.

I had some friends over and we tried out a few new bars, though I've yet to really try the restaurant and take-out scene. But that will come soon enough, which brings me to my next point - renovations. Or rather, the lack thereof. My kitchen is still fully intact.

I really hoped to have made some progress on the demolition front, but I've been preoccupied with things like roof leaks and not having an electrical outlet in the bathroom. In light of any major updates...here is my first round of (very lame) Before & After pics.



Master bedroom:
I bascially just painted. I haven't gotten around to doing much decorating, but those curtains came down mighty fast. I did not kneel on the ground to get the exact same perspective as the shot from the real estate listing to get the full effect...but whatever. You get the idea..it's not cream anymore.


Main Bedroom




The bathroom:
Again, not much done here except removal of ugly shower curtain, rugs, and valance. You can't see it from this picture, but that is wallpaper that's been painted. Textured painted wallpaper.
And I really wish you could see the old shower curtain, it has dolphins with little wave cutouts on it. Hopefully I will get rid of the World's Most Inappropriately Sized Radiator soon. But not before the wallpaper comes down and I paint.



bathroom


That's pretty much it. Every other room is lacking any kind of update of any kind.

I'd like to say that my feelings toward the house and moving have warmed up in the past few weeks...but they really haven't. I still have lukewarm feelings that verge on contempt, but I'm working through them. Mostly aided by glasses of Riesling and chocolate.


EDIT: I removed the tables because apparently, the "preview" function in blogger sucks and I did not realize they were all on top of each other. :|

1 comment:

  1. you should repost those pics on top and bottom instead of side by side, the after pics are all cut off unless i clickee on them.

    oh, and i still stand by my loving of your bedroom. V. cozy.

    ReplyDelete