01 November, 2009

… why I hate people.

My “inaugural” post…aaaand I spew haterade over inconsiderate bitches.

Picture it…Philadelphia, a few days ago. I post an ad on CraigsList (the one in Philadelphia) to get rid of some furniture that I absolutely don’t want to have to move to my new house. I need to have it out by that Saturday by noon. The ad says:



Desk & file/printer stand - $50 (Washington Sq. West) -- my exact neighborhood
 
I know that CraigsList is a total crapshoot. Still.

I get a couple of replies and the first one seems fairly sane, so we narrow down a day for the exchange.

Her (Tuesday): Friday works perfect for me. If it is alright, can we just plan on that? Maybe about 4-5 range? I can either call for directions or I can look up address on gps.

Me (Tuesday): Sounds good - the address is 9XX Lombard St. #102.

Me (Friday @ 11:25 am):
hi K------,
Just confirming pick up for this afternoon - do you want to make it 4:30?
thanks,
k-----

Her: Between 4:30 closer to 5:00 ok? I am not sure if you gave me the address and maybe I just accidently deleted it, but i do not have it. Let me know if cloer to 5:00 is ok. Thanks!


(Yes, yes I did give you the address you twit, maybe you should be more careful with the Delete key.)

Me (at 2:46pm): Closer to 5 is fine.

It's 9XX Lombard St. #102 (if the buzzer isn't working, try knocking on the large window to the left of the front doors)

Her (at 4:11): I'm soery to bother again, what is city and zip? We are out and about now but I get my emails on cell. Thanks!

(Um….PHILADELPHIA. Google what I provided already. It will help. Trust me.)

Me (at 5pm…after sitting in an empty apartment for 25 minutes): Sorry just got this - zip is 1914X its s block north of South St call 215 8xx 5xxx if u have questions

Me again at 5:45 after not hearing anything: Hi - just wondering if you're still interested. I don't actually live @ this address anymore & i'll need to get back home to work if u arent interested. thanks,k.

(Egregious typos abound. I was emailing from my non-PDA phone for the last two. Don't know what her excuse was.)

No reply whatsoever. Ever. 
So much for her phone being able to receive email. Thanks!

I had to disassemble the desk and move it to my house, where it is now taking up space in my living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment